Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Harvest Blessing


Harvest Blessing

Mary Beale

32 ct linen  2 over 2

 

Harvest Blessing was completed last night!  I just love the combination of colors. It took longer than I thought it would, but every stitch was enjoyable!  I may have a frame that will work for it...will have to go into the depths of my sewing/craft room closet soon to check!  I charted a tiny vine and flower to add to the area where the initials and date are. It just seemed to be too much "blank" space otherwise.  

Now, I can look through my stash and kitted projects to see what might catch my eye.  Of course there are always older WIPs I could be working on...  We'll see!

This past week my dear aunt passed away. She would have been 100 on her birthday, April 4th.  Even though I haven't been able to visit her a lot over the past years, we've kept in touch. She was the last of my aunts/uncles on either side of the family.  I'll miss her.

I used to receive email notifications when a comment was made on my blog. Nothing has been showing up and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this reset. Lots of changes have been made to Blogger and I've done what was suggested to do in the help section.  Nothing seems to work.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate any suggestions. I like to acknowledge all comments, but for now I just can't.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be safe!


3 comments:

Donna G. said...

Beautiful finish!

Carol said...

I'm sorry to read about your Aunt, Mary. Somehow when a person makes it that close to 100 you think they'll make it, don't you? All of my aunts are gone, too, but I still have two uncles in their mid-90s.

What a lovely finish! Those colors really are gorgeous!

I wish I could help with blogger--it is harder and harder to get answers. For me, anyone who comments using anything other than a gmail address, their comment won't come to my email. Very frustrating...

Barb said...

You have my sympathy about your aunt. I think that design is just beautiful. I think I will have to look for it and add it to my stash!