Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Saturday, April 24, 2021

At The Beach

 

 After being confined close to home for the past year we finally decided to take a trip that was longer than just overnight. We've both been vaccinated and feel pretty comfortable about being out and about. We flew to Galveston, TX for a week. The flights were good. Don't know if it was planned by the airline or just not as many people flying, but on both flights we had the middle seat empty! I usually end up with that one, so it was wonderful for me!

We stayed in a condo which was just lovely! A very "beachy" decor done in white, grey and blue. Very peaceful indeed! We had a great view of the gulf from the living room.

And another view from the balcony of the beach and the pool. I loved sitting out there in the afternoons listening to the crashing waves and the seagulls! That's also where I got a little stitching and crocheting done, when I didn't fall asleep!


The sky was grey the entire week, but it didn't rain during the day. The sun came out on our last day which was wonderful! I'm sure that cut down on the crowds, as we mostly had the beach to ourselves!  I'm not a fan of getting in the water even on a hot day, but I can walk for miles looking for shells. I just love them and think that each one is so beautiful.  But, you can only pack so many to bring home!



On our last night we were walking on the beach right at dark so it was really hard to see much in the sand, but at one point I looked down and spied this little beauty!  I'd seen many of them during the week, but all were broken.  This was the perfect one!

I didn't get much stitching done, but this seemed about right for the beach.  I found some wee shells and when I decide which one I like the best I'll attach it and finish into a little pillow for the bowl.  Any thoughts on which??


Seaside Sunshine

2003 Cross Stitcher's Surprise Series From Rainbow Gallery (August)

Erica Michaels

C. 2003

28 ct ivory Lugana 

2 over 2

 

Also got this little quickie stitched. Also to be finished for the patriotic bowl.


Liberty
Lizzie Kate
c. 2002

28 ct ivory Lugana
2 over 2
  
We fly out of Phoenix and when we have a morning flight we usually go down the night before so we don't have to get up so early and also to make sure we get to the airport on time.
 
Here is  a funny story... or not...
 
 We drove to Phoenix in my little red car. At the hotel we parked by the building in an end spot under a light. Before bed I looked out the window (we were on third floor) and saw my little red car on the end right where we parked. I told hubby “ we can watch the car tonight!” The next morning after we got dressed I opened the drape and looked out and the car was gone! I said”our car is gone!!” You can’t imagine what ran through my mind...we were flying in 3 hours! I grabbed my purse and mask and ran to elevator to go out and look. Went out the front door and there she was ...right where we parked! Our room was on the back of the building and we parked on the front. Just so happened there was a red CRV in exactly the same spot as us, but on the back!! Whew!
 
That's about it for now. Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Mary - I would select the lower left shell as being most distinct
in the photo and a match for the sun....

Barb said...

What a nice get-away and such a pretty shell! That was a funny story about the car! So glad it turned out funny not awful!

Mylene said...

A cute finish and i go for the one on the left side too.
Good, the sotry ends well.

Carol said...

So glad you were able to get away, Mary! It feels wonderful, doesn't it? How nice that your middle seats were vacant. We just flew to and from Florida and had full flights both ways. Anyway--it looks like a wonderful getaway (other than the missing car scare--ha ha!). Your beach piece is cute! I like either of the bottom shells. I attached a shell to a Lizzie Kate beach piece and it really made a nice accent.

Enjoy your day!