Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

January Update

 I only made 1 new start for the New Year, Harvest Blessing by Mary Beale. I have thoroughly enjoyed this one...the colors are so beautiful and it has kept my interest. Every night I put a few stitches in ...its not going very fast, but that's OK.  I usually fall asleep while all tucked under my nice warm snug blankie while watching TV!! 😀  Here is a progress pic.

 

I'm also getting a few stitches done on 2009 Santa from JCS Ornament 2009.  I guess the monotony of almost all blue isn't as fun as I had hoped...  But, the end result will be nice.


What has taken most of my stitch time the past week or so has been something that I'm making for my two little granddaughters. I was having some sewing machine issues and getting very frustrated.  Hubby took it out to his shop and did a little "tune up", and now it's sewing beautifully! I can't show just now, but will post a pic when finished and they have received them.  My goal is to be finished this week and have in the mail early next week so the package will be there for Valentine's Day!

The Hubs and I were able to get our first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in January!  I'm so thankful that we were able to get it, and now I'm excited to have appointments to get the second dose in a couple of weeks.  Now, I feel like we will have some protection going forward.  It's been over a year since seeing the family in person and so long since being able to travel. We really miss "the norm".

Thanks for stopping by and stay safe!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Pretty stitching, Mary, and great news on the vaccine! We also got our first shots in January--looking forward to seeing my baby grandson again :)

Honeybee said...

I stitched that Santa for my husband! Stick with it--it'll be so cute! ;O)