Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Current WIPs

 In the past I would start something new, stitch a bit to see how it looked, and then start something else, stitch, repeat. This would result in a LOT of unfinished pieces! Over the last several years I have done much better. I've actually finished up some larger samplers and haven't started too many at one time!  That's not to say that I don't have a number of WIPs stashed, but at the "current" time I am stitching on 4 that I have sitting by my stitching chair.  

Prairie Schooler Santa


Prairie Schooler Annual Santa 2017


Harvest Blessing

I used the wrong color for the house. I used 356 instead of 632. It probably won't matter, but it will be frogged and restitched...


 
Santa 2009 from JCS Ornament 2009

Even though this isn't a really dark blue, I find that I need to stitch this one in the brighter time of day!

Earlier in the week I thought about making a Dutch Baby.  I'd never made or eaten one, but the pictures on Pinterest sure looked good!  For this one I put blueberries on one side and small dollops of raspberry preserves on the other.  After it baked, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and put fresh blueberries and strawberries on top.  It was really easy and very good.


I try to keep vegetable soup made up for my lunches.  A big pot will usually make enough for about 10-12 days.  I'd already eaten lunch (2 bowls ha ha), so only had 10 to put away.  Several days go in the fridge and the rest go in the freezer until needed. Don't use a recipe...just eyeball it!



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.