Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Christmas Ornaments



 I guess I’ve not done very well with blog posting this year. I’m not sure anyone out there is even visiting, since my last post didn’t get any comments. I don’t do Facebook or Instagram, so this is the only place I can post my stitching and see other stitchers and what they are creating.  I stay very busy and find time to relax (mostly in the evening) with my stitching. 

I went through my cross stitch charts/patterns recently and pulled out quite a few that no longer “speak to me”. I think my tastes have changed as far as the larger designs. I’ve always loved working samplers, but how many do I really need? 😀  Also, I’ve really been enjoying stitching Christmas designs, especially Santa designs. After reading on Vonna’s blog, The Twisted Stitcher, about her wanting to stitch all Christmas designs for 2021, I’ve been toying with that idea as well. So, I found several Christmas/Santa charts that I’ve been wanting to do and have them kitted and ready to go by my stitching chair! I know I won’t stick to that all year, but it will be fun for a while!  I’ve done a lot of small, seasonal pieces to finish for my large dough bowl. I need to set aside some time to get many of them finished up. Here is what the bowl looked like for Christmas.  Even though my bowl is large, I’m running out of room!




I stitched the annual ornaments for daughter and SIL, and the 2 granddaughters.  This one is for daughter/SIL. I used Vonna's finishing directions and it turned out great and was so much fun to do!  When I went into my fabric stash, I was delighted to find the same one that Vonna had used so I thought, why not?  It matches the thread colors perfectly!
 
 
Merry
Heart in Hand Needleart
c. 2019
14 ct. black aida



Next is the one for my 6 year old.  She takes ballet and has seen the live performance of The Nutcracker and loved it, so a Nutcracker it was for her 2020 ornament.

 
 Nutcracker #2
Better Homes & Garden/A Cross Stitch Christmas
c. 1998
18 ct. white aida


And for the 3 1/2 year old who is obsessed with all things Sleeping Beauty, I thought this would be perfect for her.

 
Sleeping Beauty"Aurora"
found on internet/ Kandi Patterns
28 ct. white Jobelyn





They were all well received and now I'm on the hunt for the perfect ones to stitch for 2021!

Thanks for stopping by!









3 comments:

Donna G. said...

I love the bowl for stitched ornament display. I don’t put up a tree anymore so I need to keep that idea in mind for next year. I find myself weeding out patterns about once every two years. Our stitching tastes do change. There are so many cute designs out there!

I used to stitch samplers and then I stepped away from them for a few years but I have gone back to them and finished two during 2020. I enjoy stitching them and I have a collection of them lining the wall of my stairway.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

test