Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Thursday, July 23, 2020

During The Stay At Home Time

Well, it has been a while since I've posted!  So much has been happening, hasn't it?

Since having to stay mostly at home I feel like I've been really busy.  The days just seem to fly by!  I never get bored, as there is always something to do.  There is always something to clean, organize, re-organize and clean again!  HA!  Then there are the 3 meals every day and the clean up after...

My stitching has kind of taken a back seat recently...just couldn't settle long enough to really get into it.  But, I did manage to stitch up this cutie from Lizzie*Kate.  A freebie from her website designed for the COVID-19 pandemic.  So, I thought it would be appropriate to stitch it while staying at home.  It's really cute and I have plans to finish it to display in my bowl.



But, when I sit down in the evening after dinner, I have been crocheting more little bears for Project Linus.  (I am wanting to use up all the yarn in my craft room :) ) At last count, I have 70+ bears in various stages of completion.  I love the crocheting, but the finishing...not so much!

I had started a larger piece at the start of the new year.  A sampler that I really do love, but quickly lost interest in.  I think that I'm not enjoying such large pieces right now. Actually, I might be out of the larger designs...haven't really enjoyed one for quite a while now.  Soooo, maybe I'll stick to the smaller ones and clean out my stash and start letting things go...

Here are a few more recent finishes.


Clockwise, from upper left:

Be Kind  Be Happy  Be Well
Lizzie * Kate
c. 2020

Santa with Pineapple
St. Nicholas II
The Prairie Schooler
c. 1992

Old Glory
Little House Needleworks
c. 2014

Our Daily Bread
Lori Markovic/La D Da
c. 2005

I plan to make a little pillowcase for this next one. I'll use it on the kitchen bench.


Jacobean Design # 15
Jacobean Designs
Leisure Arts/Vicki Neil Getchell
c. 1980

Looking back through some of my older posts, I see that I never posted a pic of this crocheted piece.  It was a CAL in 2015, but I worked it in 2016, one block after the other. I really would like to make another one to use as a sofa cushion in the colors of my living room.  


Circles of the Sun
Lilla Bjorn Crochet CAL
c. 2015

Thanks for stopping by!  Stay safe!