Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Road Trip - part 1

DH and I just got back from a 2 week trip through the southeast.  We drove and managed to go through 10 states on our journey.  It was very quickly put together- like about a day and a half!

On our way to our 1st stop I got to add Alabama to my list of states visited.  Imagine living in the South all my life and never going there!  And, being a Southerner, you gotta love boiled peanuts!  We found some along the way, bought a little sackful and devoured them before getting a pic :)

 

We were at Pensacola Beach, FL for 3 nights.  The days were a little cool, but sunny, and the nights were crisp!  I enjoyed sitting by the pool stitching and reading during the day.  For me, the water was just too cold, but I did enjoy walking on the beach looking for shells.  Here's a pic of the Gulf from our balcony.  (I'm actually working on a canvas project with threads the same gorgeous color of the water)


This ferris wheel was across the street and we took a ride on our last night.  Each compartment held about 6 or 8 people and was completely enclosed and was air-conditioned.  It was huge - you can't tell from the pic just how big it really is!

  

I'll be back with a few more trip pics and also some stitching.  

Wishing those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving a wonderful day with family and friends!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love boiled peanuts. My Hubby's people are yankee's and they had no idea what boiled peanuts were, grits, or the pleasure of sipping a big ole' sweet tea...yeah, it's way cool to be a southern belle! :)

Sounds like you had a blast...can't wait to see your canvas with the lovely threads the color of the ocean....

Happy Thanksgiving Day! :)