Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm a Winner and More Finishes

Betsy's Butterfly Elizabeth's Designs c. 2000 4/21/2009 - 8/15/2010
I changed the colors and added more stitches here and there, and changed the charm from what was included in the kit.
Since my last finish, I have been quite busy. I pulled out several WIP's and finished the stitching. Later, I'll spend a few days making into ornies or small pillows all at one time.
Santa Moon Phyllis Renick Miniature Quilts Magazine Winter 1993 pre 1996 - 8/9/2010
This Santa is complete, finally. All he needed was a bit of quilting where the stars are and making/stitching the binding, which didn't take long at all.
Holly "N Hardanger The Sweetheart Tree c.2005 JCS 2005 Christmas Ornament Issue 7/31/2010 - 8/12/2010
Father Frost Mill Hill Kit c 2002 7/16/2010 - 7/22/2010
This is for my Thursday night stitch group Christmas exchange. She doesn't read my blog, so it's safe to show pic. I stitched on 32 count raw linen instead of the perf. paper that was in the kit. It will be finished as a hanging ornament. This Santa was sooo much fun to do...just may stitch again! Oops, I just noticed that I forgot to put the finishing touch to the hat... there is a snowflake charm that goes on the tip. Last week I won Stephanie's giveaway! I never win anything, so I'm so thrilled!! She has been in contact and will let me know when to expect the package. Can't wait to post a picture for you to see. DH and I drove about 40 miles east of Tulsa last Thursday night to get away from the city lights in order to view the meteor shower. We stayed out until about midnight and saw quite a few meteors. That was the first time in many years that we have done that. I' ve had some computer issues several times lately, but DH kindly got me up and running and all is good now! Nothing like having your own IT person!! Thanks :) For the month of August, most days have been at least 100. Finally, some relief moved in yesterday and feels a bit more normal and the nights are cooling off a little bit more. Not much news, and nothing much going on, but life is good! What more can you ask for?

3 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Wow, you have been busy. I love all of them. I had no idea you quilted...so cool, I mean warm. :)
Love, love, love the santas. Congrats on your winnings. I can't wait to see pics. I know what you mean about the heat. I've found a comfy spot near the AC vent and spend a great deal of time there. Happy Stitching. :)

Karen said...

Hi Mary....thanks for visiting my blog. I loved look at yours...your Laura J Perrin pieces are amazing!

Can't wait to come back and visit!

BTW....what part of SC are you from?

barbara said...

Beautiful stitching, hardanger and beading!!
(barbara from mainely stitching)