Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Friday, July 30, 2010

Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden
Orna Willis
3/10/2009 - 7/28/2010

I've finished Midnight Garden by Orna Willis. It was started over a year ago and got put to the side with all that was going on last year. I picked it up recently and got busy and finished it. It's stitched entirely with floss instead of the called for Watercolours and Waterlilies. I didn't have black canvas, so I used acrylic paint to tint it black. I think it turned out great! IMHO

Does this mean I can pick out something new to start? ;)

6 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Very nice job, this has always been a favorite of mine, I think it's the black canvas that makes this so stunning. And yes, it precisely means it's time to pick out another project!

Orna Willis said...

OH MY! It is lovely. It looks great with the canvas you painted and the fibers you chose. Thanks for sharing this! Orna

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh, Mary, that is so pretty. I love the colors, and all the different stitches. The black canvas looks great! Yes, you get to start something new now :)

mainely stitching said...

That is a stunning finish!!

Daffycat said...

So beautiful, Mary! How do these get "finished" anyway? Frame them, what else is there?

You are allowed all the new starts you want. Life is short, start everything!

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Very nice! I think this does mean you can start something new!