Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Fall Stitching and A Thumb!

 I have moved on with my stitching to Fall. Over the years I've stitched a few for the seasonal bowl, but need quite a few more to fill in. This was a very quick stitch with pretty Fall colors.

 
Give Thanks
Lizzie Kate
c. 2018
30 ct. linen sand
2 over 2

I have lots of little scraps of linen or evenweave.  Most are usable for small designs, but not quite big enough to use Q-snaps or a hoop.  Since I have never really been able to stitch in hand, I came up with a solution.  Many of you may already be doing this.  I cut strips of cloth and baste onto the linen on all 4 sides (or one, two or three). That makes it easier to use the hoop or Q-snap to hold the fabric tighter. I really like to look through my tiny pieces and use them first before cutting into a larger piece.

Only 4 inches by 5 inches!


 

Here is an example of using the strips on 2 sides. (I really do need to finish these PS Santas!!)


I'm on a roll! Here is another little Fall finish. Such a quick one, too! A little freebie that came with an online order a while back, I think.  It has the same name as my last finish! Since I still had the threads out from it I just used the same ones, as the chart didn't give any specific colors. Turned out cute!

 
Give Thanks
Hands On Design
c. 2019
18 ct. khaki Davos
2 over 1

Well, I have a problem with my right thumb...I have a trigger finger/thumb.  Last July I was hanging a window blind and it fell on my right hand across the base of my thumb on the back of my hand. No problem then.  But, the next morning when I woke up my thumb was doing the trigger thing.  I knew what it was because my hubby has had that problem with several of his fingers. It wasn't bad and I just let it go for a while until it really did get painful and would stick in position and was hard to bend back. In October I went to an orthopedic hand doctor and got an injection of cortisone into the base of the thumb. It helped right away and I was good for 6 months.  One morning in April I woke up and it was starting to lock again, but not very bad.  Now, it's starting to hurt, swell and it's harder to unlock.  I have an  appointment for another injection in a few weeks.  Surgery could be an option down the road, but I'll put that off as long as possible!



1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your fall pieces are lovely. I have stitched both of those and can't wait to display them this year. Your PS Santas are looking fabulous. Happy Sunday!