Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Patriotic Finish and Some Sewing

 I stitched up one more little patriotic design. This little chart has been in my stash for a long time! Even though it is pretty small, it took a lot longer than I anticipated.  I stitched it 1 over 1 on 28 ct. Jobelan and it was a little hard to see, especially the rows stitched with DMC 712!! But I really like the way it turned out.  I have several more patriotic that I want to stitch, but I think I'll hold off and try to get all my recent ones finish-finished!  Will soon be time to think about fall and then.....Christmas! Wow!


Patriotic Heart
The Sweetheart Tree
c. 1987

28 ct. Jobelan Ivory
1 over 1

I made 2 project bags.  I needed a little something new and cheery to carry my stitching in.  The small one is 10" x 10" and the large one is 12" x 12", and they are fully lined with coordinating fabric.  The perfect sizes for 6 and 8 inch Q-Snaps. They were fun to make and I'll be sewing up a few more!
 

 

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Barb said...

What a pretty patriotic piece!

Honeybee said...

Your project bags are adorable! You could sell those!

Carol said...

Your project bags turned out great, Mary! I've always intended to make one, but I have several that were gifts and I don't use them. Oh well :) Love the patriotic finish, too! Enjoy your weekend!