Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Friday, September 13, 2019

A Bit of Trip Stitching

We have just returned from a 2 week Alaskan cruise.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous! We had rain for about 2 hours while we were on land and it rained one day at sea.  It was nice during the day but the nights were very cool, especially with the wind on deck. So...while on the ship, I found some quiet spots and did some stitching!  I stitched the Santa, and got most of Halloween done.  I put the last few stitches in last night on the flag design.  The light was very bright when I got these pics and the fabric is a little washed out.  Colors are really warmer/darker. I don't stitch on aida often, but for trips, it is wonderful!!



Red Stand-Up Santa from Santa Moon Book # 53
The Prairie Schooler
c. 1995
18 ct. vintage aida
2 over 1


Halloween
Cottage Garden Samplings
c. 2012
18 ct. ivory aida
2 over 1


This is called Flag City and the original has Flag City stitched where I put Old Glory.  I had seen it sometime back on a blog or somewhere that had Old Glory instead and liked it better.
EDIT:  OOPS...I see an away waste knot near the "z".  I need to remove it and insert another picture!!!

Flag City
 La-D-Da
c. ?
22 ct. ivory hardanger
1 over 1



3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful stitches you shared! I love your change to the La D Da piece. Well done! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shelly said...

A cruise, how fun! Welcome back. Your finishes are wonderful:)

Mary said...

Test!