Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year, Stash, and Another Finish for 2012

Christmas has come and gone once again, and here we are at the close of another year.  Does it seem that time is passing by so much more quickly that it used to?

I don't think I slept for more than a couple of hours last night.  Not only did I get in the bed very late, but I was worried that I wouldn't hear the alarm at 5:00 a.m.  Why so early?  Well, I couldn't miss the New Year's Eve sale at The Silver Needle starting at 6 o'clock!  And, the early birds get the best discount!  I only got a few pieces of linen - for projects I will try to stitch in 2013! - and some threads for those projects. 

I've been looking for a couple of OOP charts, and dear Barb (at Wicked Stitcher) was so kind to send me her copy of BBD "Blessings Be Thine".  This morning I got the perfect piece of linen and the threads to start stitching right away!  Thanks again, Barb for sharing with me!


It began raining late last night and it's still coming down.  Since I was awake most of the night :), I heard it on the roof all night.  We haven't had this much rain in sooo long!  We're so dry and desperately need it.  Hopefully, it will stay liquid and all the wintry stuff will bypass Tulsa.  But, if we're housebound for a while, we've got plenty in the pantry and the stitching closet is full!!

Here is one last little finish for the year.  Just didn't get around to turning it into an ornament.  I just may get it done today as I have the fabric and trims picked out, ready and waiting.

Merry Christmas
Threadwork Primitives
c. 2010
12/18/2012 - 12/19/2010


Blessings to you and hope you have a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Barb said...

I hope you enjoy "Blessings be Thine" I wish you a new year filled with good health and happiness!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Now that's a sale I'd get up early for, too!

Love your new project...and I am still searching for the Just Cross Stitch magazine so we can do the heart...I've been ill and haven't been out and about, but hope to change that soon.

Happy New Year and may blessings and joy fill your days. :)

Chris said...

Lovely last finish and new project to be started.
I hope that you got what you wanted on sale. I am looking forward to seeing this new stash.
Happy New Year!

Carol said...

What a grand gift from Barb--that chart is just gorgeous. Can't wait to follow along on your progress, Mary...

Happy New Year to you and your entire family!

SewAmy said...

This looks like a gorgeous pattern.