Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm Back!

Well, I certainly did take an extended blogging break (without meaning to)! Can't believe my last post was way back in May. Time sure flies!

A quick summary of the last 6 months:
-husband's 2 sisters came for a visit in July
-we were on a 2 week Baltic Sea cruise in August and spent another week in Belgium and The Netherlands before returning home
-daughter and husband came for a visit
-did some work on the house-inside and outside
-a few short trips thrown in
-survived the extreme OK heat during the summer (thus the Baltic trip--had to get away from it!)
-lots of stitching (need to catch up with posting pics)
-etc, etc

You know, it's just amazing how work used to cut into everything--just don't know how I used to manage when working...;

These are a couple of my latest finishes. They're all for gifts that have been received. The snowman finish and the scissor fob were for the name I drew for the Thursday night stitching group. Believe it or not, but I drew the same name as I did last year! We all got together this past Thursday night and exchanged gifts and had lots of yummy goodies to eat!

Let It Snow
Country Cottage Needleworks (JCS Ornament 2008)
c. 2008
8/11/2011 - 11/6/2011


Winter Scissors Keep
The Drawn Thread
11/27/2011 - 11/28/2011



The next finish was a freebie from The Sampler Girl. I'd been wanting to do this one for friends that are huge Texas fans. They have a room decorated entirely with Texas memorabilia. It's pretty amazing! I stitched the same design last year for DD/DSIL with OU's colors-crimson and cream. It's a really cute design.

Football
The Sampler Girl
c. 2010
11/29/2011 - 11/30/2011

My goal is to get pics up by the end of the year for all 2011 finished projects. It's just so nice to have all project pictures in one place.

According to the forecast, we could see the season's first "winter precipitation" which translates into snow. I'm just not sure if I'm ready for it. This has been the year of extremes-record snowfall, the tornadoes, the summer heat, 3 "large" earthquakes in one weekend. Just hope we don't have another winter like last year. But, if we do, my pantry is stocked and ready.

5 comments:

staci said...

Welcome back! Congrats on the lovely finishes!

Shelly said...

Nice finishes! I especially like the polka dot fabric on the pillow. Welcome back!

Deborah said...

Glad that you are back! Beautiful finishes.

Carol said...

My, you've had a busy 6 months, Mary!! Lovely work you've done--I love the two-toned cording on Let It Snow... Can't wait to see what else you've been stitching :)

Lynn said...

Welcome back! You have certainly been busy the last few months!
I love your stitching finishes especially the CCN ornament. Really lovely!