Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Aunt Becky!

Tulip Pincushion
Blackird Designs/A Stitcher's Journey
c. 2011
3/28/2011 - 3/29/2011

I stitched this little pincushion for my Aunt Becky in SC. Today is her 90th birthday! Wish I could be with her in person. She doesn't read this blog ~ she doesn't even have a computer, but best wishes to her. I'll be calling her in a little bit. The vintage buttons are from my Mama's button jar. If you click on the picture you can see the 2 beaded pins I made, also.

This little, or rather big, jewel has been sitting wrapped up in a pillowcase for a long, long time in the craft closet. I got it out and have it set up with all the threads, an Ott-light, and magnifier on a little table in the craft room so that I can sit and maybe get a block or two done whenever I walk by. This is a picture as I left it so long ago. Hopefully, there will be some progress soon that I can share. There are 18 x 22 squares (12 x12 canvas threads ~ all different) for a total of 396! So many more to go!!


Nova (canvas)
Genny Morrow

11 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Becky!
Beautiful pincushion!
Your quilt will be amazing when done. One block at a time!

Deb said...

I think that Aunt Becky will just love her gift.

And I can't wait to see more of your progress on Nova. I have everything for it and have for years and sadly have never started it Maybe I'll have to do that as a change from cross stitch. It's been a favorite pattern of mine for so long!!

Karen said...

Very pretty....I know your Aunt will love it!

barbara said...

What a lovely birthday gift!!!

Deborah said...

Lovely little pin cushion for your Aunt.

Kathy Ellen said...

What a lovely pincushion for your Aunt Becky. She is sure to treasure it. God Bless her...turning 90 years old! We should all be so blessed! Your "Nova" piece is quite an undertaking, but will be beautiful!

Carol said...

What a sweet gift for your special aunt, Mary--so beautifully stitched and finished :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

How sweet of you to make your Aunt such a nice gift. I know she'll love it. Your canvas project looks awesome. I can't wait to see more updates. Thanks for visiting with me yesterday, it's always nice when you drop by. :)

Blessings always

Lynn said...

That is one sweet little pincushion. I'm sure your Aunt was thrilled with it!

Daffycat said...

What a beautiful gift for a favored Auntie! Well done, Mary!

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Love your pincushion, Aunt Becky is a lucky girl. I also love your Home of Needleworker. I have mine hanging in thel iving room and enjoy looking at!