Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Guess what's under this snow drift!!


Well, Tulsa woke up to a lot of snow and more piled up as the day went on. So far we have broken the record of 12.9 inches from 1994...we are now at 13.8 inches. We aren't used to that much around here! There has been absolutely no traffic on my street, and from what we see on the TV, very little out there at all.

We are set up for several days of being snowed in. The temp is about 10, and won't be above freezing until at least Saturday. I just heard that there is another "event" coming our way about Mon or Tues of next week. (Our temps over this past weekend were around 70)

Oh, the snow drift out back is covering our 2 air conditioning units sitting on a concrete slab! Pic was taken from indoors--I'm not going out there! LOL

EDIT: The final tally is a record 14 inches of snow for Tulsa--4 records broken-all time annual, 24 hr snowfall, month of February and Feb 1st.

6 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh my gosh that is a lot of snow. Wow. I mean WOW!

Well, you are just left with no choice but to stay home and stitch!

Keep warm and safe. I am sending warm thoughts your way.... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow oh Wow! I knew you were getting some but 13.8 inches with more to come? I hope this doesn't cause a lot of flooding. Stay where it is warm and stitch, stitch, stitch.

Carol said...

14 inches!! That is a lot of snow for Tulsa--and to have it so cold must make it even harder to deal with. We've escaped this huge storm (and every other one!) this year in the Pittsburgh area. I think we're getting a break after the horrid winter we had last year :)

Hang in there--hope it melts soon!

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Hope you are enjoying your post blizzard stitching. I am not sure I can get out of my driveway and I am pretty sure this isn't going to melt today.

Lainey said...

Wow you ladies in the States sure are having a lot of snow. Just came across your blog, your stitching pieces are beautiful.
Hope you have lots of time to snuggle up and stitch.

Daffycat said...

I'm so behind in my reader, Mary! Freaking crazy winter. Are you ready for even MORE snow? I hope you are staying warm in T-town.