Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Time For Another Long Overdue Update!

We've been so busy the past couple of months! Where does the time go? In September, we decided to rent an RV and hit the road to see if this type of travel might interest us. We got a 32 foot Class C (all in one) and did not tow another vehicle. The trip lasted about 10 days and went to Oolagah Lake in OK, Branson, MO and to the Buffalo River in AR. We had a fantastic time and the weather was good. Not too hot and only had a couple of rain showers. We are interested but not sure what type, size, etc. would be the best for us, so we are just thinking and looking for now. (You can get a lot of hotel rooms for the price of one!!) :) I did finish Queen's Sweet Bag and just love it! It was so much fun to stitch as a change from doing cross stitches, and, the colors are so bright and cheery. I'd love to do another design in the future by Nostalgic Needle.
Queen's Sweet Bag Nostalgic Needle 6/20/2007 - 10/7/2010
In October, DH had more scans/tests and he is still in remission! Once again we are so thankful for the good news! Our DD and DSIL came to OK for a football game. They flew to Oklahoma City and we went down one day to visit with them for a very short time! They were limited in their time off and had so much to cram into one weekend. But, I'll take whatever time I can with them. We had lunch, talked, and took them to the airport. Fun day :) I stitched an ornament for their Halloween tree:
Frightful (Jack & Bat) Just Nan c. 2005 10/8/2010 - 10/11/2010
Another finish:
Fall Homespun Elegance c. 2000 9/21/2010 - 10/14/2010
This is one that my mama stitched in 1988. She stitched all but the blue in the border. I don't know why she left it undone. I finished it and dated it with my initials and 2010. It's nice to have a piece that we both stitched.
Ming Garden Designs O'Bryan c. 1977 1988 - 10/25/2010
That's all for this post since there were so many pictures. I have more pics and need to report on November, but that will have to wait until next time!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Love all the finishes. The colors in the first piece are stunning. I love the way you finshed the Halloween ornament.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It's so good to hear from you. The pictures are just lovely. You have been very busy. What wonderful news that your husband is doing so well. Prayers and blessings always.

Daffycat said...

Woo Hoo! That is FABULOUS news about your DH, Mary! Congratulations!

How precious to finish your mom's project. Do you have plans for it?

I love Autumn pieces. The HE design is darling...and the JN ornament is perfect. You must update more often, dear...I miss hearing from you.

Meredith said...

Hi Mary, Beautiful stitching! Your trip sounds like fun! Thanks for visiting my blog - I'll definitely be returning to yours as well!!! Merry Christmas!