Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Monday, July 5, 2010

2 Finishes and a Quiet 4th!

Hope all had a great 4th! Our day was a quiet one at home. We decided not to go to any of the fireworks displays this year, but watched on TV. Neighbors on our street shot some off and we went outside and enjoyed theirs! Here are 2 more that I've finished stitching. I really did want to get July made into an ornament so that I could hang it to enjoy for the 4th, but that didn't happen!
July Shepherd's Bush 6/13/2010 - 6/18/2010
He Is Risen was stitched on 28 ct Lugana, 1 over 1, and took me forever, working in spurts. While taking the picture, I decided the angel wings don't show up very well and should be backstitched to define more.
He Is Risen Little House Needleworks JCS March/April 2010 4/1/2010 - 6/28/2010

5 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh, what great finishes. I love, love, love the "He is not here, He is risen." So awesome!

Artnova said...

Piękna praca! Jaka precyzja- podziwiam;))

Daffycat said...

Ooo, beautiful finishes, Mary! I love your patriotic stitch. Finish it up and you will be sooo early for next year!

Berit said...

Beautiful stitching--love that flag! Your veggies are also quite beautiful; wonderful color on the carrots!

Tulsa is my hometown; I was born in St. John's, lived on Denver just off Riverside Drive, then in Brady Heights for a while, then near 51st and oh, gosh...was it Sheridan? Then a few places on the south side as well. There's a little unsolicited memory lane there, for ya, lol!

Lelia said...

beautiful stitching!