Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm Still Here!!


I've been absent from blogging for quite a while. Several of you have sent emails to check on me, and it was nice to have been missed! To catch up:

My DH had planned for some time to "retire" early, and decided that his last day of work would be on December 31. So...my last day of work was Dec 31 as well. He wanted me to be home with him so we could travel and do "whatever".

We went on a cruise in January to the Eastern Caribbean. We left Tulsa on one of the coldest days that we had, but enjoyed some really warm days in the sun while gone! While in port in Tortola, I fell flat on my face in the middle of the street and twisted my ankle! How lucky was that! At least it was nearer the end of the trip. But, boy did it hurt and for weeks I hobbled around. It still hurts some even now.

In March, we drove to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California, and were gone just about the whole month. We got to visit with DD and DSIL in CA, as we hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving.

The rest of the time since the first of the year we have been busy catching up on projects around the house. Also, it's time to "downsize". Unfortunately, since things have not been accumulated overnight, it won't go away overnight. But, I think I am on the last room and can see the light at the end of the tunnel coming up. It's easy to get rid of some things, but the more sentimental items are a bit harder to part with. What I have done is take pictures and that is working out for me. But, don't worry, I'm also keeping a lot! And you know what? It really does feel good to "let it go".

I stitch as much as I can, but don't usually get to until the evening. I guess I'm just still in the mindset of getting all the "chores" done before having too much pleasure!! On Thursday evenings I meet a group of stitchers at a LNS for a couple of hours, and usually manage to get a good bit done there.

I'll have to take some snaps of my current WIPs as well as some of my finishes from last year. Here is one pic from Petrified Forest taken in March.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks to those of you that asked about me.

3 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I am so glad you are back. :)
Sounds like you have been very busy. I hope your ankle heals very soon. Now we all await the pictures from your travels, stitching...

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Hi Mary,
Pleased to meet you. I hope you and hubby are enjoying your time together and retirement! Sounds very peaceful.
Tammy

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on your retirement! And on clearing house as well. Stay busy and enjoy yourselves!