Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sampler Progress and A Present!

Here is Bands of Many Colors as of today! Even though I have been faithfully stitching only on this for the last 2 weeks, you would think it should be farther along, but it is so enjoyable, it shouldn't be rushed! I am putting it away for a while, as part 1 and a wee bit of part 2 have been done. I think I will follow Coni's method of rotation for a while, and "draw" a WIP to stitch for a week. The one that was drawn from my list is a canvas piece which doesn't have much more to do. If it isn't finished this week, then I will be surprised.

Edited to add: The stitches used in Part 1: Cross, Queen, Backstitch, Algerian Eye, Diamond Eye, Satin, Irish, and Tent.

I had a belated Christmas present arrive yesterday from DD and DSIL. She had been quite distraught that it did not arrive in time for Christmas, but that was OK because when I opened it, I could not believe she had sent all of these charts from my wish list!! There is a little kit coming that is on backorder as well! I can't wait to start stitching them. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Still Waters--Plum Street Samplers
Gather Thy Roses--Chessie & Me
Irish Sampler Pincushion--Nostalgic Needle



8 comments:

Daffycat said...

Beautiful stitching, Mary. Except for that spider thing to the right...creepy motif for a sampler!

NCPat said...

Nice progress! Good luck with rotation stitching. I try to do that but fail miserably! LOL

Becky K in OK said...

Great Progress. I love the deer.

Congrats on the new stash. Love the little pincushion.

Happy stitching this weeek.

mainely stitching said...

GORGEOUS!

tintocktap said...

Lovely stitching - I really like the mix of stitches you're using! A lovely gift too and nice to get it when it's rather unexpected.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

The stitching is so pretty...you are doing such a beautiful job. So sweet of your DD and DSIL to send you stuff from your wish list....what a wonderful and thoughtful gift. :)

Cyn said...

Hi Mary,

Great progress!

Wonderful gifts... :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Stitchingranny said...

The sampler is just beautiful and I can understand why you are enjoying it so much.

I love it when a christmas gift arrives late, you get so much on the day and the bonus of a suprise after christmas is so much fun.