Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Long time since last post!

Well, it has been a while! In September our DD was staying with us while she was doing a cardiology rotation in Tulsa. I did some stitching, but mostly tried to visit with her when she had some free time. Even though she worked only in the daytime, she spent most evenings doing some studying, as the board exam is in December.

At the moment DH and I are in Oregon, and are nearing the end of our trip. We flew to Portland, and spent a couple of days there before driving south to Eugene. From Eugene we drove to the coast and have slowly gone north. It is cool, and most days have been raining lightly. Enough to be wet, but not so much to stop plans. The scenery has been awesome! This is my first time to Oregon. In Portland I visited two stitching stores, Acorns and Threads and The Playful Needle. I only got a few fibers from each of them. We've been on the go every day, but will take it easy today, so I plan to pull out the stitching and see how much i can accomplish.

5 comments:

Carla said...

So nice to hear from you, Mary :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Sounds like you are having alot of fun, well deserved, I might add. :) I hope we get to see pictures when you get back. I've never been there either, but everyone says it is gorgeous. Enjoy your vacation.

Daffycat said...

Have a grand time, Mary. You deserve it!

Stitchingranny said...

Sounds like you are having a great holiday Mary. Hope you continue enjoying it and find a little stitchy time too.

Tobie said...

Yay! Mary's back! Hope you have a wonderful trip and find some time with your stitcing too. :)