Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Color Change For DMC 318


 I just bought a skein of DMC 318.  When I was in the store I noticed that it was a bluish/lavender color, but thought it was the fluorescent lighting, even though I was sure it was different from what I had at home. I was in a hurry and bought it anyway.  When I got home and checked it against one in my stash, I could tell it was waaaayyy off! I had several skeins of 318 in my stash and over the last year or so have used them up.  Looking further into my stash I found that one of the new DMC colors is pretty close...# 04.  The above pic is taken under my Ott light, so the colors are pretty close.  After doing some research online, I see that the color was changed years ago, so this is probably not new to most of you!  I'm just catching up!  But, over the nearly 50 years of me using DMC, I have noticed color changes periodically...and not necessarily for the better I might add!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I have noticed this, too in several colors. It is a disappointment when
you are trying to match up something.

beachbirdie said...

Ugh. I just picked up a large project (Advent Angel by Laone Gordon) that I had let sit for almost 20 years. I ran out of my DMC 318 and when I got more it was so different! Thanks for qritingbrhis even though rhe change happened long ago! I wasn't sure whatbI was going to do!