Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Monday, March 22, 2021

Spring House Finish

 I needed a "carry along" project to work on away from the house.  And, I also needed something for Spring to to make into a pillowcase for my bench in the kitchen.  After rummaging in my pattern stash I found this old pattern and pulled it out. I wanted the design to finish up a certain size, which was perfect for 14 stitches per inch.  I really don't like stitching on 14 ct but this time it was necessary.  I had an old piece of 14 ct Aida the right color.  I have several new pieces of 28 ct Lugana and Monaco in that color as well for when I stitch 1 over 1, but I couldn't bring myself to cut into either piece!  Crazy, huh?  And...I can see the 14 ct better when away from home without good lighting!!



Spring House

The Needle and I

c. 1987

14 ct. Aida Khaki

2 over 1

And, I've also finished up some bears for Project Linus. 10 were dropped off in February and the other 10 will be going this afternoon. We still aren't meeting as a large group at the library, and haven't for a year now. But some of the group meets at a nearby park in the open, so I will be going this afternoon for a while.



Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe!

No comments: