Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Friday, June 18, 2021

A Little Update

 Time is flying by! It's over half way through June already! I have a few more finishes to share. These really are the last of the patriotic stitches for the time being! I have pulled out some finishing fabrics and hope to sit down and get all of the ones stitched lately into little display pieces.  

 
Let Freedom Ring
Lizzie Kate
28 ct. Ginnie Thompson Linen Plus (tea dyed)
2 over 2
 
And, since it has been a while since stitching a PS Santa, it was time for another. Of course, I pulled out the patriotic one from my stash.  Love it!
 

Prairie Schooler Annual Santa 2002
c. 2002
25 ct. Mushroom Lugana
1 over 1
 
And, since it is time to move on with the seasons, I stitched one that was kitted up for a while and sitting in the bottom of my suitcase. I always have a few small "kits" to take with me in case I run out of something to work on! As you can see, there is not much extra room to use for finishing, but I liked this piece of linen that I dyed with hazelnut shells, so I'm going to do the best I can.  It's stitched with Victorian Motto thread in Barn Red.  Not a true red but I think it's sweet.  Hopefully I can find or might even have a great fabric to finish it with. A free pattern, found here.
 
Valentine
The Primitive Hare
C. 2012
30 ct. linen (hazelnut shell dyed)
2 over 2
 
 
It's been sooo hot here this week! Where we live there are four distinct seasons and the weather is pretty perfect. (that's why we moved here) The humidity is low year round, unless of course it is raining, but we don't get much. Our elevation is much higher than Phoenix, so in the summer we don't get their heat, but this past week the weather pattern brought high temps to our area! I love to sit out on the patio in the afternoon and stitch, but this week it was done inside! 
 
Last night we hosted a little get together with some of our neighbors since we hadn't been able to do that for so long.  We had it indoors, of course! It was nice. One of the things I made was a charcuterie board.  I'd not made one before, but I see so many on Pinterest. It seems to be a trend lately. Here is mine. 
 

 
That's all for now. Will be back soon!


1 comment:

Carol said...

Such cute finishes, Mary! And I could easily gobble up everything on your charcuterie board--I need to make one for my family at our next gathering :) Enjoy your week!