Stitches and More

Stitches and More
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day!

 I can finally show what I've been working on for my granddaughters.  We Face Timed and I watched as they opened their package yesterday and they seemed to really like them! They were fun to do until I got to the hair...pulling the yarn through piece by piece really did hurt my hand and nearly gave me a blister...But I stutck with it and got it done!!

 

I made a Raggedy Ann doll for my daughter when she was little and it is still here.  She played with her so much that she needs a really good bath, and her clothes need to be washed and ironed. I will try to get that done soon so I can mail to daughter.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Donna G. said...

I’m sure those dolls will be treasured. They are very cute.

Carol said...

Well, aren't they adorable! They will be so loved, Mary! That is great that you will send your daughter her childhood Raggedy Ann doll. I just sent my oldest son his old Curious George from when he was little for my grandson to enjoy--he loves it :)

Enjoy your Sunday!
Carol

Jan said...

Those are just the cutest. I used to make Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for my new nieces and nephews. I agree the hair is really difficult but the outcome is really so sweet. My grandchildren have their mothers dolls so it's been a while since I have made one. My brother in law said it wasn't necessary for me to make his son a doll as he won't play with it, but I used to laugh whenever we saw them because he would bring it to me and make me play with it with him. I think he turned out ok, he's in the Navy and flies helicopters.